Prodata Weather Systems specialises in selling Automatic Weather Stations that strike a good balance between quality and affordability.
We have particular expertise in linking these stations to PCs and in running weather-reporting websites, so we can provide in-depth advice on compatible loggers and software. Overall, as suggested by the comprehensive content here, we can offer genuinely unrivalled expertise to help in buying a value-for-money weather station.
Our main weather station products fall in a price range from approximately £350 to £1500, depending on model and accessories. In this price bracket the stations can be specified and manufactured to a good standard, and it also allows good support to be provided. (There are cheaper gadget-type stations available of course, but these can so often prove to be a false economy for any serious weather monitoring application – read more about Davis versus cheap brands).
One manufacturer – Davis Instruments – is the market leader worldwide for stations in this price sector. Davis is a US-based manufacturer that has developed a comprehensive and widely-respected range of weather stations combining good accuracy and robust operation with an attractive price. Thousands of these systems are in use monitoring weather around the world, many in professional installations.
Davis offers two main ranges of weather station, the entry-level Vantage Vue model and the extensive range of Vantage Pro 2 (VP2) models. These two ranges are described in separate sections.
The Products menu on this website is therefore organised as follows:
- The entry-level Vantage Vue models, which offer the same outstanding wireless technology as the VP2 stations in a more limited, but substantially cheaper package;
- The Vantage Pro 2 (VP2) models: These impressive Davis mainstream stations are the most capable and flexible station models. The range includes an extensive set of supplementary sensors, sophisticated console receivers and many installation accessories – all described on our comprehensive information pages here;
- The solar-powered Vantage Connect and Enviromonitor products, which are able to provide real-time weather monitoring at virtually any site, including those with no mains power or cabled Internet access, will receive data from any Davis wireless sensors (Vue or VP2) and relay their data over the mobile phone network to a central website on the Davis weatherlink.com platform;
- Detailed information about compatible data loggers and software;
- A select range of other weather accessories offering particular value or sensors of special interest;
- The LeWL wind logger for offline logging, specifically of wind data;
- Books and reference sources;
- Detailed information about prices and ordering;
NB Davis Weather Wizard III and Weather Monitor II stations, which are older cabled designs, have been discontinued for several years now. We still have a couple of pages describing these classic stations and accessories that remain online for reference purposes.
Request more information
A PDF copy of the current Davis catalogue may be downloaded here (14MB download). We can also send you a printed hardcopy of the catalogue on request, but obviously we need to be emailed a note of your full postal address please. The main catalogue is the comprehensive guide to all Davis weather products and the booklet is packed with information about all aspects of selecting a station, including detailed descriptions of the stations, advice on how best to site the sensors and details of linking a station to a PC.
(We’re sorry but printed catalogues can only be sent to UK/EU addresses).
You’re also welcome to email us with any further specific questions that you may have after having looked through the webpages here and/or the catalogue.