In general, our best discounted prices will be found in our online shop (because accepting orders online allows us to operate our business most efficiently and savings here can be passed on directly to the customer).
From time to time, we run promotional offers – please see our various Special Offer sections for details, especially in the online shop. In addition, we also occasionally have end-of-range items or items that have been opened or marked.
If you wish to confirm a price prior to purchase then please contact us by phone or email. Written quotations are readily available on request and can be sent in either printed or PDF form.
How to place an order
Please read through the pages on this website or the printed information pack we may have sent you (if requested) to be sure of exactly which type of equipment you require. We are always happy to spend time discussing the best station specification for your needs with you by email or phone and it makes sense to do this before finalising your order. Guidance on the common question of choosing between wireless or cabled Vantage Pro stations will be found here.
To place an order please choose one of the following methods:
Online shop: For secure shopping at any time, day or night, with a valid debit/credit card, please visit our online shop and place your order there in the usual way. There is a link to the online shop in the main menu at the top of every page on this website. Your order will be acknowledged automatically and will be processed as soon as possible during normal business hours. Full details of delivery options, terms and conditions etc for orders placed via the online shop will be found on the dedicated secure shop website.
UK telephone orders 03336 664175 (this standard 0333 number should be charged at no more than standard low 01/02 call rates, whether you’re calling from a landline or mobile phone). Fax number for faxed orders 01353 865301. For orders from outside the UK, please use the phone number +44 1353 865523 and the fax number +44 1353 865301.
Email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to accept your card details separately by phone or fax – it is recommended not to include these in an email. All email orders will be confirmed by return email by the end of the next working day, usually sooner.
Orders by post and fax: An order form is included with every information pack sent out. If possible, please use this form, but any other letter or printed order is perfectly acceptable, provided the following details are clearly shown:
- The weather station items you require (preferably with the Davis part numbers);
- Your full address details including postcode and, ideally, a phone number at the delivery address;
- Payment including full credit card details or cheque or other form of payment as agreed;
For orders by post our address is:
Prodata Weather Systems,
Unit 7, Espace North Building,
181 Wisbech Road,
Littleport, ELY, Cambs CB6 1RA, UK
NB We strongly recommend that any payment sent by post should use the Royal Mail Special Delivery service (at an appropriate compensation level) as a safeguard against any possible loss in transit.
Official Purchase Orders: We are generally happy to accept official purchase orders from official bodies (education authorities, government and local government departments etc) and from PLC companies. Official orders from other companies may be acceptable by prior arrangement. All non-prepaid orders are accepted subject to a strict 30-day payment deadline. All orders from outside of the UK must be prepaid.
Payment may be made in all the standard ways. We accept all major credit (VISA, MasterCard etc) and debit cards, other than Amex. Payment by electronic transfer is welcome (banking details on request), as are cheques (made out to ‘Prodata Associates Ltd’), subject to the official banking period for cheque clearance prior to despatch.
Please remember that:
- Shipping charges as set out below should be included on all orders;
- Written quotations are available on request;
- Terms and Conditions apply to all orders, as set out below;
- We endeavour to despatch all in-stock items by the end of the next working day following receipt of order. Where this is not achievable we will email you an order acknowledgment advising a despatch date.
- Orders over £200 are usually despatched via a well-known 1-2 day courier service (e.g. UPS, Citylink etc) for UK mainland addresses, excluding Scottish Highlands & Islands for which delivery time is typically 2-3 days. The charge for standard station orders is £15.00 plus VAT, except for Highlands & Islands which is usually £20 plus VAT. Smaller orders will usually be despatched via Royal Mail Recorded or Special Delivery and charged according to weight and service, with a minimum charge of £5. Preferential shipping rates, including free standard delivery, are often available for purchases made via our online shop.
- Please note that all packages require a signature on delivery. If no-one is in when delivery is attempted then a card will be left and you will need to contact the delivery agency to arrange redelivery or to pick up the package from their depot. If you require delivery on a certain weekday we will do our best to arrange this if specifically requested, but as the exact delivery arrangements are outside our control, we cannot completely guarantee that delivery will take place on the day requested.
- Saturday and Guaranteed Timed deliveries can be arranged by special request, but usually carry a material surcharge – we only pass on what we are charged for such services, but the cost is significant, e.g. £15-25. Please tell us if you require this service. Other than by use of a Guaranteed Time delivery service, the likely time of delivery is outside of our control and may typically be at any time from 0900 to 1700.
- If at all possible we need to be advised of a phone number at the delivery address in case of delivery problems.
- For orders to addresses outside mainland UK please contact us to discuss shipping arrangements and charges.