Our prices page has full details of our pricing policy and a listing of our current reference prices. In general, our best discounted prices will be found in our online shop (because accepting orders online allows us to operate our business most efficiently and savings here can be passed on directly to the customer).
From time to time, we run promotional offers – please see our various Special Offer sections for details, especially in the online shop. In addition, we also occasionally have end-of-range items or items that have been opened or marked – details here will be found on our Davis Bargains page.
If you wish to confirm a price prior to purchase then please contact us by phone or email. Written quotations are readily available on request and can be sent in either printed or PDF form.
How to place an order
Please read through the pages on this website or the printed information pack we may have sent you (if requested) to be sure of exactly which type of equipment you require. We are always happy to spend time discussing the best station specification for your needs with you by email or phone and it makes sense to do this before finalising your order. Guidance on the common question of choosing between wireless or cabled Vantage Pro stations will be found here.
To place an order please choose one of the following methods:
Online shop: For secure shopping at any time, day or night, with a valid debit/credit card, please visit our online shop and place your order there in the usual way. There is a link to the online shop in the main menu at the top of every page on this website. Your order will be acknowledged automatically and will be processed as soon as possible during normal business hours. Full details of delivery options, terms and conditions etc for orders placed via the online shop will be found on the dedicated secure shop website.
UK telephone orders 03336 664175 (this standard 0333 number should be charged at no more than standard low 01/02 call rates, whether you’re calling from a landline or mobile phone). Fax number for faxed orders 01353 865301. For orders from outside the UK, please use the phone number +44 1353 865523 and the fax number +44 1353 865301.
Email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to accept your card details separately by phone or fax – it is recommended not to include these in an email. All email orders will be confirmed by return email by the end of the next working day, usually sooner.
Orders by post and fax: An order form is included with every information pack sent out. If possible, please use this form, but any other letter or printed order is perfectly acceptable, provided the following details are clearly shown:
- The weather station items you require (preferably with the Davis part numbers);
- Your full address details including postcode and, ideally, a phone number at the delivery address;
- Payment including full credit card details or cheque or other form of payment as agreed;
For orders by post our address is:
Prodata Weather Systems,
Unit 7, Espace North Building,
181 Wisbech Road,
Littleport, ELY, Cambs CB6 1RA, UK
NB We strongly recommend that any payment sent by post should use the Royal Mail Special Delivery service (at an appropriate compensation level) as a safeguard against any possible loss in transit.
Official Purchase Orders: We are generally happy to accept official purchase orders from official bodies (education authorities, government and local government departments etc) and from PLC companies. Official orders from other companies may be acceptable by prior arrangement. All non-prepaid orders are accepted subject to a strict 30-day payment deadline. All orders from outside of the UK must be prepaid.
Payment may be made in all the standard ways. We accept all major credit (VISA, MasterCard etc) and debit cards, other than Amex. Payment by electronic transfer is welcome (banking details on request), as are cheques (made out to ‘Prodata Associates Ltd’), subject to the official banking period for cheque clearance prior to despatch.
Please remember that:
- Shipping charges as set out below should be included on all orders;
- Written quotations are available on request;
- Terms and Conditions apply to all orders, as set out below;
- We endeavour to despatch all in-stock items by the end of the next working day following receipt of order. Where this is not achievable we will email you an order acknowledgment advising a despatch date.
- Orders over £200 are usually despatched via a well-known 1-2 day courier service (e.g. UPS, Citylink etc) for UK mainland addresses, excluding Scottish Highlands & Islands for which delivery time is typically 2-3 days. The charge for standard station orders is £15.00 plus VAT, except for Highlands & Islands which is usually £20 plus VAT. Smaller orders will usually be despatched via Royal Mail Recorded or Special Delivery and charged according to weight and service, with a minimum charge of £5. Preferential shipping rates, including free standard delivery, are often available for purchases made via our online shop.
- Please note that all packages require a signature on delivery. If no-one is in when delivery is attempted then a card will be left and you will need to contact the delivery agency to arrange redelivery or to pick up the package from their depot. If you require delivery on a certain weekday we will do our best to arrange this if specifically requested, but as the exact delivery arrangements are outside our control, we cannot completely guarantee that delivery will take place on the day requested.
- Saturday and Guaranteed Timed deliveries can be arranged by special request, but usually carry a material surcharge – we only pass on what we are charged for such services, but the cost is significant, e.g. £15-25. Please tell us if you require this service. Other than by use of a Guaranteed Time delivery service, the likely time of delivery is outside of our control and may typically be at any time from 0900 to 1700.
- If at all possible we need to be advised of a phone number at the delivery address in case of delivery problems.
- For orders to addresses outside mainland UK please contact us to discuss shipping arrangements and charges.
Warranty, Terms and Conditions
All orders are accepted subject to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before placing an order.
- All Davis items are covered by a 12-month return-to-base limited warranty, which is administered by McMurdo Ltd who run the Davis service centre in the UK. (The warranty period for non-Davis items is 12 months.) This Davis warranty is limited to repair or replacement (option at the sole discretion of McMurdo Ltd) of defective parts. It specifically excludes: (i) compensation for any additional or ancillary works that may be necessary as a result of an apparently defective part; (ii) losses of any nature consequential to a part becoming or appearing to become defective during the warranty period; (iii) faults due to any cause other than manufacturing defects, including, but not limited to, accidental damage and damage caused by any unauthorised modification of the Davis equipment. Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping to Prodata or to the Davis UK service centre (which provides a full repair service at standard charge for out of warranty repairs.)
- All payments are to be made by cleared funds (eg personal or business cheque payable to ‘Prodata Associates Ltd’ please) or by credit/debit card. If paying by credit/debit card please complete card details on an order form (or phone/fax through the details). These forms of payment are normally essential, but purchase orders from official bodies and PLC companies are usually acceptable by prior arrangement. Please contact us if you have other particular circumstances.
- Orders for standard stock items will normally be despatched within 3 working days except for payment by cheque when goods will be despatched as soon as funds have been cleared – usually 5 working days. (Such orders can also be despatched within 3 days if accompanied by full bankers draft or paid by direct bank transfer). Very occasionally, delays can occur when new stock is in transit from the USA, but we will strive to keep you informed in such an event.
- Orders may be collected in person, but please phone in advance to ensure availability.
- It is assumed that customers have checked that the specification of the system will meet their requirements prior to ordering. Prodata Associates Ltd will be happy to advise further, and we strongly suggest you do this prior to placing an order. Except as specified below, we do not accept goods for return unless suspected to be faulty.
- All goods are sold in compliance with the Distance Selling Regulations. This includes a 7 day ‘cooling off’ period, during which goods may be returned to us in pristine condition in original packaging for a full refund Refunds are only available on the Weatherlink datalogger and software if they are returned unopened with the original shrinkwrap undamaged. The customer will be responsible for the shipping costs associated with the return of goods. Should the goods be returned to us in a condition that makes them unsaleable as new, Prodata retain the right to levy a charge to cover any costs arising.
- To record accurate weather readings it is essential that the individual sensors are located as per UK Met Office guidelines. Prodata Associates Ltd cannot be held responsible for readings that may fall outside the specified accuracy limits if these guidelines have not been followed.
- Operational points: (i) calibration of the sensors may be required for maximum accuracy; (ii) the temperature/humidity sensor requires protection from direct sunlight and shelter from rainfall (as provided by the Davis radiation shield, which is a standard item for VP and Vue stations but an optional extra for stations such as the Wizard model); (iii) in locations which may be subject to a significant level of radio frequency radiation (eg nearby cell phone transmitters) additional anti-interference measures may be necessary including provision of an independent earth; (iv) surges, spikes and other voltage irregularities on the mains supply to the console may occasionally cause incorrect readings to be stored and in extreme cases may damage the weather station circuitry. We recommend that the mains supply to the station be fitted with an adapter able to suppress both voltage surges and radio-frequency interference (RFI); (v) some customers may wish to take additional precautions to protect against the effects of nearby lightning strikes. Damage attributable to mains surges and lightning is not covered by the Davis warranty; (vi) Davis weather stations are designed primarily for permanent static installation. Special care in packing and transportation is required if moving the equipment between sites.
- The range of reliable operation of wireless units is dependent on exact local circumstances and cannot be guaranteed. Wireless systems can also occasionally be subject to interference from other nearby transmitters.
- Installation and the cost of installation are the customer’s own responsibility.
- All orders are subject to availability of the items requested.
- Consignments must be checked immediately for completeness and any discrepancy against the items ordered notified to Prodata as soon as possible and certainly within a maximum of 7 days of the delivered date. If any item, especially a smaller item, appears at first to be missing, please check thoroughly through the packing materials – in most such cases the ‘missing’ item will be found. Please do not discard any packing materials until all items ordered have been identified.
- Goods remain the sole property of Prodata Associates Ltd until paid for in full.