Prodata Weather Systems is delighted to announce the availability of a new third-party data logger for all Davis Vue and VP2/Envoy consoles, which interfaces to PCs & other computers via WiFi.
All previous Davis loggers have been constrained by requiring a cable connection to feed weather data to a local PC or network router. But now, for the first time, this WiFi logger allows your console to be placed anywhere that has a reasonable WiFi signal and a nearby AC mains outlet for console power.
Key features of the new WiFi logger include:
- Similar small size (40x25mm) to the standard Davis logger, and fitting in a similar way internally in the console battery compartment;
- Performs all the same functions as the standard loggers, but with communication across WiFi rather than a cabled connection;
- Easy to set up and configure;
- Upload options direct to Internet weather networks such as Weather Underground, the UK Met Office’s WOW platform and others without requiring a local computer to be running;
- Real-time weather readings are also available directly on local WiFi device such as smartphone, tablet or laptop;
- Additional innovative data-handling features are planned for the near future;