Increasingly industries are under pressure to provide statistics to monitor the environment they operate in or the effect of their operations on the environment. A Davis automatic weather station will allow you to monitor the following variables:
- Wind Speed
- Wind direction
- Air temperature
- Barometric pressure
- Rainfall (total rainfall and rain rate)
- Solar radiation (optional)
- UV radiation (optional)
- Water or soil temperature (optional)
- Soil moisture (optional)
By connecting the weather station to a PC, continuous weather records can be monitored and archived, and in addition weather data can be uploaded to the internet, allowing you to create a live weather reporting website, which can be viewed by other company sites, customers, public bodies, members of the public etc.
We can also help by creating custom software to analyse or present your weather data in specific ways to meet your own requirements for commercial or other special applications. For example, you might wish to show the current wind direction graphically as an arrow, superimposed over a map or aerial photograph, either on a local PC or Internet. Simply contact us and we will be delighted to talk through what is possible and how best to develop the application.
Compared with most telephone/internet weather forecasting/reporting services, running your own weather station has a number of distinct advantages:
- Data is site specific. Tall buildings, large bodies of water, hills/valleys can all affect the local weather, whereas weather reporting services tend to be regional and therefore cannot take into account local conditions.
- Continuous data records can be made. With a one off capital purchase, continuous records of a wide variety of weather parameters can be made, for years into the future. No more monthly subscriptions, and all the data you could wish for!
- Data displays can be customised, and can be produced in a format that meets your needs. The use of the Weatherlink data logger and software gives a high degree of flexibility to graph any parameter that the weather station measures, and can be set to plot minutes, days, weeks and even years into the past
- With their ease of installation, low maintenance, automatic data storage and management, and internet compatibility the Davis Vantage Pro 2 systems offer a durable, accurate system, at a price that is considerable more affordable most industrial grade weather stations.
At Prodata Weather Systems we can recommend the most cost effective system for your needs based on our extensive experience with many national and international companies. A site visit is usually not necessary – simply email us or phone us with your requirements and we will be able to respond and advise promptly.